SUBSCRIBE • SUBSCRIPTION PROBLEMS • SUBSCRIPTION REMOVAL
Verner PTA Edublog is a product of the Verner PTA. The blog publishes information that the PTA believes will be useful to parents, teachers and students of our school. Some of the information included on this site has been provided by Verner faculty/staff in an effort to keep parents informed about school-related activities.
STEPS TO SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR NEW POSTS:
- From any Verner PTA blog page (http://vernerpta.edublogs.org/), click the “Subscribe” button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the “Your email” box, type in your email address and then click the “Subscribe me!” button.
- A “Thank You! A confirmation email is on the way…” message will appear if you successfully subscribed.
- You will receive an email to confirm your subscription. You must confirm within 7 days or your subscription will be automatically removed.
- If you have questions/problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Email notifications are for new posts only. You WILL NOT receive a notification when any of the blog pages or calendar are updated, so please visit the site for information related to those matters.
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION PROBLEMS: Some subscribers of the Verner PTA blog have reported that they do not always receive blog email notices when a new blog is posted. Edublog (our blog provider) has been contacted about this problem. In many cases, this happens just on occasion and does not mean that your subscription has been terminated. Unfortunately, a solution for this issue has not been identified.
For subscribers that stop receiving all Edublog email notifications, you may be using email domains that are blocking these blog emails. The blog emails are sent from email@example.com and domains like comcast.net, aol.com, and bellsouth.net can block these emails. If you stop receiving Edublog email notifications from multiple subscriptions and/or for more than a week, you have the following options:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your problem. The Verner PTA blog manager will contact Edublog to determine if your domain has been blocked. If your domain has been blocked, Edublog will attempt to contact your provider to correct the problem but cannot guarantee a corrective response;
- change your email to a Google account which does not block Edublogs.org ;
- set up Feedburner(RSS) email subscription. The easiest way to receive latest posts from your favorite blogs is to subscribe to RSS using feed readers such as Google Reader, Bloglines, NetVibes. RSS (means Really Simple Syndication) retrieves the latest content from the sites you are interested and pulls them into your feed reader where you can read them all in one location rather than visiting each site separately. You can learn about Feedburner by going to http://theedublogger.com/2010/01/26/setting-up-feedburner-rss-and-email-subscription-for-your-blog/; OR
- log on to vernerpta.edublogs.org each day and read the latest blogs from the site.
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION REMOVAL: Email subscribers can remove their email address from the notification list by going to the bottom of any Verner Edublog email notification to where it states “To stop receiving these emails, click here.” Click the “click here” link and your email should be removed from the notification list for this blog.