Welcome to Verner Elementary PTA’s blog! We will share news and other important notes about school and PTA activities. This site will help keep our parents, teachers, and community informed about our school.
We hope everyone had a great start to the new school year! We know a lot of paperwork went home so here are a few friendly reminders!
Please look over and submit:
- Signed Code of Conduct
- T-shirt Order (used for field trips)
- Volunteer Opportunities
- V.I.P. Campaign (see below)
VIP (Verner Investment Program) is the official fundraiser for Verner PTA. VIP donations make it possible for your PTA to focus on helping Verner instead of conducting endless fundraising sales of cookie dough, magazines, wrapping paper, etc. All VIP funds are used at Verner for expenses State funds do not cover. A donation of $150 per child is suggested.
Join today through one of three easy options:
- Pay your $150 donation via the PayPal
- Complete a Verner VIP Donation Letter/Form and return along with your credit card information (card number, name on card, expiration date, 3-digit security code on back).
Best Reasons to Join VIP:
- “The resources VIP provides for our children help make Verner the #1 school.”-Beth Curtis, Principal
- Classroom “start-up” money for every teacher
- Computer teacher (fully funded by VIP) and classroom technology – tablets (Kindle, Nook…) for every teacher
- Copier contract
- Supplies for our Art, Music and PE teachers and our school nurse
- Teacher lunch and student popsicle party for grade with highest VIP participation
- and so much more!
ALSO, MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE PTA OPEN HOUSE ON AUGUST 27th!
Thank you to all the teachers, staff, volunteers, and parents for a wonderful school year! We hope everyone has a wonderful summer!
Wednesday – Early Dismissal (11:30)
Thursday – Last Day of School -Early Dismissal (11:30)
**Also, Verner Yearbooks are here! There are a few extra books available for purchase for $40 in the front office – first come, first serve. Please see Mrs. Pilsch to purchase your yearbook. Make checks payable to Verner.**
We are still looking for volunteers to help with stations this Friday!!
We have a morning session and an afternoon session. Remember if you are a Pre-K thru 2nd grade mom, you walk with your child during the afternoon session. If you volunteer all day, a pizza/salad lunch will be provided for you.
Thank you again for your help! Spring Fling would not be possible without the help of our amazing volunteers!!!!
Please visit the sign-up link to see if you can help with an opening!
Please come to our last PTA Meeting of the year and enjoy a performance by our 1st and 3rd Graders on Tuesday, May 14th at 6:00 pm!
Spring Fling is THIS FRIDAY! We need lots of volunteers to help with games and activities! Please visit this link to sign up!
22- Early Dismissal (11:30)
23 – Last Day of School – Early Dismissal (11:30)